Senior Solutions Engineer
The Senior Solutions Engineer works in conjunction with the Target Account Solutions Consulting Team throughout the life cycle of the sales campaigns. The Senior Solutions Engineer will provide support with: the building of Proof of Concepts, customer demonstrations and attending customer walkthroughs, and the demonstration of industry frameworks and other PRPC related tasks. In addition, they will work with the Account Executives to ensure a successful sales cycle to support the Target Account sales model. A Senior Solution Engineer is often called on to play a Lead Architect or Project Lead role in complex demos and POC’s, and often brings expertise in key product areas, such as integration, UI development or performance tuning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
75% Demonstrations and Technical Creation
10% Sales Tasks and Additional Support
- Create and deliver PRPC specific technical demonstrations.
- Lead teams of other Solutions Engineers and Solutions Consultants to support large or complex builds.
- Own the design and build of business prototypes.
- Work with other Solutions Engineers, the Enterprise Architect group, product engineers and others to receive the support needed to accomplish the technical goals.
- Serve as the focal support for all Solutions Consulting and Account Executives for extended demonstration builds and on and off-site POC builds.
- Deliver POCs and demonstrations to meet the scope and functionality to ensure that all success criteria are delivered and product differentiators are included. Utilize a deep knowledge of the horizontal and industry frameworks so that they can be leveraged within PRPC
10% Thought Leadership
- Execute Pega Sales Plays within assigned account(s), including: Operational Walk-throughs, Solution Architecture Matching plays, the “R”, and teaming with Partners and/or Alliances.
- Assist in the production of RFPs and other proposals to clients.
- Work with Product Management, Marketing, Vertical and Horizontal Solutions Frameworks, GCS, and Professional Services on new and old opportunity support
5% Sales Strategy and Execution
- Propose technical and business solutions in support of sales campaigns.
- Present technical and business aspects of proposed solutions to prospective clients.
- Drive technical thought leadership and best practices for demo builds and solution positioning across the entire sales team.
- Partner with the Sales team to achieve defined sales and booking goals by assisting with the radiation strategy within the target accounts by building customer relationships.
- Work with Account Executives to plan sales campaigns and lead efforts to ensure the delivery of all technical resources into the sales campaign(s).
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Software Developers, Analysts, Business Officers, and other groups ensuring the successful execution of the sales strategy.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- 7 to 9+ years of industry related experience
- Experience leading project delivery teams
- Detailed knowledge of Pega-like products and services
- Ability to understand complex data relationships and rules-based systems
- Experience in Database design, collaborative commerce design, and XML knowledge
- Must be able to learn PRPC in expected timeframe
- Must have JAVA, J2EE and SOAP experience
Core Pega Competencies:
- Customer Success
- Drive for Results
- Integrity and Trust
- Thought Leadership
- 50 – 75% - travel to and work on client/other sites
Pegasystems (NASDAQ: PEGA) revolutionizes how leading organizations optimize customer experience and automate operations. Our patented Build for Change® technology empowers business people to create and evolve their critical business systems. Pegasystems is the recognized leader in business process management and is also ranked as a leader in customer relationship management software by leading industry analysts. For more information, please visit us at www.pega.com.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.